Ice Cream: A Toddler's-Eye View


Every so often my brother may feel the need to post on my blog. He is two and has some....Unique takes on life. Enjoy his recount of the day he measured his own height in ice cream cones:

 The world from the eyes of a toddler is very different from yours. With the ways of life only just coming into focus, there are many magical elements of this great big world that seem wondrous at my age that become overlooked or simply go unnoticed. While many of your once-great treasured items fade away, from the favorite toy, to the thrum of the rocking chair, there is one thing that will always remain wholly magical in my mind and in the minds of everyone else. That one childhood wonder that never diminishes, the dream-substance: is ice cream.   

 Now, anyone can ask an adult what they think of ice cream, and even the preschoolers have something to say about it, but us two year olds feel very overlooked in many subjects and while we are proud of our terrific two’s status, or however that goes, toddlers have spent way too much time being spoken for and that is why I, the amazing Parker, have asked my sister to interview me so that I can speak for us and finally shed some light on the truth about ice cream. I will ask that you be patient with my sister, for she is still young but no longer understands the way of the two’s. As for you adults, be understanding and grateful that I allowed my sister to include English versions of both my answers and introduction. So please bear with me as I recount the thrilling tale of the interview, and my sister attempts to translate.

Sister: So P-man, What exactly do you think about ice cream?

Me: Epem? Mummy, Soo doo wick!  (Icecream? Yummy, Scooby doo likes to lick it!)

Sister: Would you consider yourself an ice cream expert?

Me; No, Nilp, told, apane. ( No, It’s milk, its cold. I am an expert on airplanes however...)

Sister: I heard that you guessed your height in ice cream cones the other day. Would you mind telling me how tall you are?’

Me: aite. (eight)

Sister: Eight what exactly?

Me: dooder dones (sugar cones)

Sister: I see, I have one last question before you go down for a nap, okay?

Me: atay (okay)

Sister: What Is your favorite Ice cream flavor?

Me: taut taut (Chocolate)

After I grudgingly went down for a nap, my sister went and looked up the height of a sugar cone she said it was four inches. Then she took out a really cool tool called a “tape measure,” and she said I was thirty-two inches. Then she squealed. She said “Mom, Parker told me he was eight sugar cones tall. And guess what? HE. WAS. RIGHT.”  

  I think that this just goes to show that the average knowledge of toddlers is indeed misrepresented in our society, and I hope that anyone who reads this will have a change of mind. I know that you will now want to go out and buy some ice cream for me to thank me for the enlightenment, but I am a humble two year old, and I really don’t need all of your ice cream. So, give your local super-toddler a lick of it instead and my mission will be complete!

P.S. Ignore the silly message below that says Posted By: Emma Michael, this post was written by Parker.  



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super fun to write. It is a true story, believe it or not. Total luck, but absolutely true.

      Delete

Post a Comment