Nerdy from the Beginning


While digging through an old bin of papers, I found a journal entry that I wrote in second grade.  Yep, even then I was too far gone into the realms of nerdiness to ever return to normal...






If you can't read my sloppy print, here is a typed version of the journal, letter-for-letter, misspelled word-for-misspelled word.

The Time I Had Most Fun
The time I had most fun was when My mom introdused me to the Harry Potter series. It was 2007. And we wher camping in our back yard when my mom said she had a surprize for me. when she pulled it out from under her pillow I was so exited! The first harry Potter book! Yeah! I could not stop smileingif its possible to be so exited about a new book that your face turns Red well it happend allright! even thouh I was only 5, I had the best time ever! We could only read the first chapter because when we fineshed it was 12:30. oh it was exiting! (I mean the story). Harry finding out he was a wisard. Dudley getting a pig tail and to top it all off their hous exploding with letters I don't kow quite how much fun it was, but I thouht it was a blast!
The End

translation! The time I had most fun was when I read a Harry Potter book!
. . .

Hey, even though I couldn't spell anything correctly, at least I knew the proper form of  "Their"! ;)

There was even a Mind-Map to go along with the theme! (Even though I can't hope to understand it all)


Well, now we all know how I spent second grade! The funny part is that it takes me a minute to remember some of the things that I referenced in my mind-map! I guess that second graders shouldn't be underestimated, at least as far as reading comprehension goes!

Comments