Coach Hedge's Gym Bag Part 2

Okay, here's part two, (yes, its late, please don't whack me with a baseball bat) If you missed the first part of this post in which I explain why I stole a gym bag, you can find it here.

So, Starting where we left off....Letter three of four, this one from Mellie:
Another lovely letter, 



My dearest Gleeson,

Thank you for your last letter. I really enjoy hearing from you, even if it is only once in a while. If you continue to work on your handwriting, I may soon begin to teach you cursive!
When I heard that you had managed to pick up five more demigods, I must say that I was amused. I have no worries, though, I have great confidence that your martial arts skills will be sufficient to control eight young demigods. I fully believe that you can take care of them without allowing them to run wild.
You mentioned before that there was a child of Pluto in your company. I've never met anyone with such a strong connection to the underworld before - Aeolus never liked to be too close to the ground. He sounds fascinating, though. Could you describe him in detail the next time you write? You know that I would really appreciate it, since I’m stuck here without much to do now that I’m off of work.
Oh, I almost forgot to tell you.  You may want to sit down for this next bit of letter, or at least go somewhere private where you wont have to worry about embarrassment. Here, I’ll draw something nice for you to look at while you find a place to sit down.



Okay, are you sitting down now? Can I go on? When you come home, Hedge, you are not going to have a break from children…. because you will have one of your own! Thats right, you are reading that correctly. We are going to have a baby wind-goat!
I have left my job with Piper’s dad, and have moved out to Camp Half-Blood, where I will be able to safely relax. Don’t worry, though. Mr. McLean likes having “Piper’s friend” around, so I can come back to my job whenever I like. Juniper is helping me move into a secluded area in the woods. Oh, Gleeson, there's this little grove of birch trees that will make a perfect spot  for a nursery! The Hephaestus kids have been working on a crib and it’s turning out beautifully.
I cant wait to see you again, and maybe now you’ll hurry home. in your next letter, you might want to include a list of names that you like. I’m sending a few soda cans with this letter, and I marked it for Invisa-mail. Please write back soon, there isn’t much to do around here.

Love,
Mellie

P.S. Ask Annabeth.

WHAT?!?! Mellie's gonna have a baby goat-wind-nymph-thingie? (If you were reading the Heroes of Olympus books carefully, you would already know that, but still - EXCITING!)


And Hedge's response....


the drawings....






Dear Mellie,
       
        A kid? Wow, that’s great news! I’m speechless, or, I don’t know what to write, anyway. I just can’t believe it!
        Do you need me to come back home? I know that we have discussed that before, but really, is there anything I can, or should do? I’m sure that you’ll tell me to stay with the demigods, but what if we could use that to our advantage? I could train them to be babysitters! I know that they don’t seem like responsible candidates, but the goddess of family herself may throw the child off of a cliff! I’m pretty sure Leo had some bad experience with Hera as a babysitter, so maybe he would do a good job. Nah, I’m rushing ahead.
        For now, do you need anything? Do you have enough Gatorade? My momma goat always said that Gatorade cures everything – and she hasn’t been wrong yet. Blue Gatorade is the best, but I think that the yellow kind does just as well when it comes to minor aches and pains. When Piper had hypothermia, though, nothing but Cool Blue for her. Oh, by the way, thank you for the root beer cans – I still have three left. I imagine that they’re not in huge supply at camp, but if you can send any more, the would help with the homesickness that I may or may not have.
        Speaking of help, who is this Juniper you mentioned? In you last letter, you said that she was helping you move into camp. Does she know anything about caring for kids, ‘cause honestly, I haven’t the faintest clue when it comes to raising young goats. She has to at least be good for something. Can she cook? Clean? Teach our child Kung Fu? Forget that last one – that’s my job. Her name does sound familiar, but all I can think of are trees. Do I know her?
        You seemed curious about Nico, the son of Hades. I know that you wanted every detail I could uncover, but the kid doesn’t seem like much. He’s pale, wears all black, typical underworld behavior. There is one thing about him that stands out, though. Nico carries this wicked sword that makes even my goat fur stand on end, and he can summon the dead. Okay, I lied, that was two things.
        Creepy guy aside, you were asking for a list of names, so I came up with some on the back. I hope that you find my name choices to be pretty spectacular; I think that they are the BOMB! (Figuratively, of course)
 I can’t wait to come home!

Love,
Gleeson Hedge

And on the back, a list of name ideas:


Woot Woot! (and us die-hard fangirls know the real name. Post the name if you know it in the comments)

And the rest of the stolen goods:

Demigod: Jason
Item: Candy
Comments: I just wanted candy....

The card

Inside the card....

Demigod: Hazel
Item: toy horse
Comments:Is it Magical?

Demigod: Leo Valdez
Item: Screws
Notes: the boy collects too many

Demigod: Annabeth
Item: Necklace
Comments:Possible hidden powers??


And there you have it, folks! The complete contents of coach Hedge's gym bag. If, at this point, you are still thinkg about calling the cops on me for stealing, I have a secret to share:

I didn't steal it.

Nope. This is just another English Class project. Ha ha - Game over.

I hope you enjoyed it, though! I certainly had fun making it!


Comments